Thursday, September 25, 2008

Too Busy to Plan Dinner

I love to cook, but I detest having to think about what's for dinner, especially on the days that I am in the office or traveling. Dinner is the last thing on my mind all day and then I have to, presto, think of a dinner idea that everyone will eat and for which the ingredients are in my frig or pantry, since I am too busy to make a stop at the grocery store.

So, what to do? I do like the Canned Food Alliance's site, www.mealtime.org. There are good, fast, nutritious recipes and since I try to keep a well-stocked pantry, it works with my lifestyle. Fortunately, my neighbor is a farmer who sells fresh, organic produce. I just send my kids next door and pick a fresh veggie that looks good to them that day.

Still, there are nights like tonight when I feel like I've exhausted all quick ideas for the week and we have an open house at school, meaning less than 45 mins to prep AND eat dinner.

HELP!

1 comment:

Too Busy To Shop, Kelley said...

I'm the husband cutting meetings short to hurry home and pick up kids to get them home to enjoy some leisure, fun time while juggling business phone calls and emails, taking out the trash, unlosding the dish washer, raking leaves, preparing snacks, swabbing the deck, securing the hatches and cleaning windows but I am happy to do it