Monday, February 2, 2009

Way to Go, Steelers!

Well, I was not too busy to watch the Super Bowl, especially because our Pittsburgh Steelers were playing. I can say that, while the Cards are a nice team with respectable players, I had complete confidence in the Steelers' ability to win, even when it got a bit dicey. I must admit that I had a hard time multi-minding during that game!

The Steelers' Super Bowl win is a great thing for the city of Pittsburgh. I loved hearing the EPSN announcers talking before the game about the work ethic of the football team and of Pittsburghers. In these tough economic times, we Pittsburghers can be proud that our belief in hard work over time, not flash-in-the-pan glamour, is a characteristic of value right now.

As for the ads, everyone at my house of course loved the Coke Zero spot http://blog.nola.com/davewalker/2009/02/coke_zero_super_bowl_commercia_html with Troy Polamalu. He is a great football player and an even better person. I think he as great appeal in marketing to women, not because of how he looks, but because of what he stands for -- a good human being.

On the other end of the scale, GoDaddy's spots were worse than bad. I can't imagine any women who will, after seeing those spots, choose to do register domain names with GoDaddy. And, I cannot imagine why someone like Danica Patrick would participate in such ads.

No matter the ads, the game was terrific and we are proud of the Steelers!

No comments: