Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Too Busy on My Birthday

Celebrated my birthday on Friday the 13th and it was a lucky day for me. Although the wind storms knocked out our power for almost 48 hours and my house was 52 degrees when we woke up on Friday, the day was a blast.

We attended a poetry reading by my son's third grade class. After their individual poems, which were wonderful and very entertaining, the class read me a birthday poem and sang happy birthday -- thank you Mrs. Gilkey! It was a moment to treasure.

After school, we all escaped for a weekend getaway at Nemacolin http://www.nemacolin.com/. If you are a busy, multi-minding woman, this is the place for you. Flowers and birthday balloons upon arrival, great activities for the family, fantastic spa, lovely shops and great food. We even skied and went dog-sledding. With everything taken care of, you can't possibly be too busy to shop at Nemacolin.

No comments: