Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Who Do You Turn to for Recommendations?

When you are a woman who is too busy to shop, it helps to get opinions and recomendations from people or places you trust as a short cut to researching what you want to buy.

Need someone new to cut your hair? Buying a new camera? Researching pre-schools? In my experience, busy women usually do not start from scratch. They simply do not have time. They turn to friends, family, media, colleagues, web sites or somewhere that gives them information they feel they can trust. Women are searching for CRedible OPinions as a short cut to a purchase decision. I call it CROPing.

How do you CROP? Who do you go to for recommendations and for what? I'd love to know more and plan to include the general themes and some good examples in my upcoming book, Too Busy to Shop: Marketing to Multi-Minding Women, which will be published in spring of 2009 by Praeger Publishers.

Let me know how you CROP.

No comments: