Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School: Are You Ready?

As a multi-minding mom, you can't escape the topic of "back to school." Online sites, news articles, conversations at family or community picnics are all abuzz with "are you ready for back to school?"

My son suppresses the thought of going back to school, so I try to hide back to school prep from him. I order the kids' school uniforms from www.landsend.com because it's so easy... I measure the kids, order everything online, have it delivered to my door step and, they provide a return mailing address slip so I can make returns without having to look up addresses and write out a label. The box of uniforms arrives and my son didn't have to go try on clothes or even think about school before school starts.

On the other hand, I am having the darnedest time trying to find cute, size 1 shoes in any shade of purple (her favorite color) online for my daughter. I may have to actually visit a shoe store. Oh no!

What do you do to prep for back to school and how do you do it? Is any marketer or retailer making it really easy for you? Marketers -- are you doing something for back to school that you want moms to know? Let me know.

No comments: