Monday, October 13, 2008

Too Busy to Travel

At this point in time, you'd think there would be a better way to travel than the trying, draining, demeaning, time suck that is air travel. I love spending time with my colleagues and clients in other cities, but I hate the time wasted in airports needed to get there... time that could be spent with my family, but instead is spent waiting on delayed, cancelled and irritating flights.

I am particularly sensitive to the topic as I prepare two weeks on the road, including two red-eye flights. I start out on these journeys with a positive attitude and doing my best at multi-minding -- trying to shop for the holidays, catch up on magazine reading, working on my book and indulging in a 15-minute back massage at ExpressSpa. But, after all my productive work is done, there are still many grueling hours left.

What do you do to make travel more enjoyable? Is there are marketer that's doing a good job of helping? Let me know.

No comments: