Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Too Busy to Haggle with Airlines about Kids Seating

I've written a number of times about the hassles of air travel. When traveling on business, I am usually traveling alone and it's a pain. But, traveling as a family, as many do during the holidays, is a real pain.

When I book flights for my family, I always take special care to note I have two children and they need to be seated with with either my husband or me. Is this too much to ask? Apparently so because when I show up at the airport, it never fails that the seats have been switched and we are spread all over the plane, leaving us to beg flight attendants or other passengers to find a willing seat switcher.

Apparently, I am not the only one. This morning on twitter, a woman tweeted that "USAir wants extra $50 to guarantee our small kids sit next to us. Hope the guy next to my screaming 18 month old enjoys his flight." To which I replied "thanks for sharing! Will keep in mind for next trip. Either that or keep asking flight attendants to take supplies to kids." Her reply back can be a help to any mom traveling with kids "@toobusytoshop My plan is to just dunk kids hands in marshmallow fluff and see how fast the folks next to them will trade out. :) (see http://twitter.com/toobusytoshop).

Wonder if you can buy marshmallow fluff in the airport?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Furniture is an integral part of a kids world. They are not just pieces of wood or metal, but something that make up their world. So Kids Seating is something that a kid can call his self.