Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Low-Prep Back to School

The dreaded back-to-school time is just around the corner. In my family, we try to supress it. My kids have no interest in shopping for clothes, school supplies or doing anything that would prep them for the big day.

Since I, too, am in denial, I do my best to prepare in ways that save time and in ways that are transparent to my kids. So, for example, instead of shopping or attending the school's uniform fitting day, my short-cut is to order all school clothes online via Lands's End. It's minimal effort for me and my kids don't even notice.

One area that always plagues me is school lunches. My kids like to pack their lunch, for the most part, but I end up packing the same thing everyday. They don't seem to mind, but I'd love some healthy variety, without adding lunch-packing time or effort to my morning.

Any ideas for healthy variety that won't add to my shopping or lunch-packing time? What could marketers or brands do to help? I'll share what I hear.

No comments: