Some interesting and powerful stats on marketing to women from an article by Mayo Seitz media. Full article can be found here:http://mayoseitz.com/media-monitor/The-Power-of-the-Purse.aspx
Women are in the driver’s seat when it comes to the economy.
- Globally, they control about $20 trillion in annual consumer spending, a figure that may grow as much as 40% in the next five years. In aggregate, women represent a growth market more than twice as big as China and India combined.
Just how powerful is the female market?
- In the U.S., women decide $4.3 trillion in consumer spending each year
- Women comprise 51.4% of the U.S. population, but make or influence 85% of all purchasing decisions
- Women make 80% of healthcare decisions and 70% of travel decisions
- Women purchase 65% of new cars and 53% of used cars
- Women make or influence 57% of all electronics purchases
- In 31% of the marriages where women work, they out-earn their husbands
- Single women buy homes at 2.5 times the rate of single men – one out of every five homes purchased (20%) is by a single woman